Wednesday, July 8, 2009

An Interesting Wednesday Sighting

Today we just spent time together as a family. We visited my daughter's worksite and met some of the residents/patients, toured the old stomping grounds where we used to live, visited a Christian bookstore where friends have their business, visited the Public Botanical Gardens, and then had supper with great friends.

At supper, I saw a man enter, have supper, and leave. We made eye contact. It was not until he was almost out of the restaurant that I realized it was the former Premier of Nova Scotia, recently defeated in provincial elections. He was once at the zenith of his political career; now he was just being Dad to his young son. I bet his boy was happy Dad was out of government!

Kingdoms rise and fall while family support us and our best values. I choose family!

No comments: