Thursday, November 6, 2008

Michal Marie


She's here!

My beautiful granddaughter, Michal, was born today at 3:30 pm (Atlantic Time). She weighed in at 7 lbs, 9 oz. and was 21.5 inches long. My daughter's labor was very short (for a first baby) and she delivered in just 2 or 3 pushes 45-minutes after her water was broken by the physician.

My mother-in-law and I could not go into the delivery room but we stood right outside and heard it all. Tears streamed down my face as I heard Sarah struggle but those tears turned to joy as I heard Michal's first cry!

The baby looks a lot like Sarah did when she was born with the addition of a few of Ryan's handsome features to add to her beauty. I see a bit of red in her hair.

Tonight she received her first bath (with her daddy helping the nurse) and two needles. She did okay with the first, but didn't like the second one at all!

I was enveloped with a powerful sense of God's abiding presence as I waited for Michal to be born. Tonight, with the Psalmist, I'm asking, "What shall I render unto the Lord for all His goodness to be?"

Thanks for your prayers, everyone. Pictures to come as soon as we get them.

No comments: