Wednesday, December 3, 2014

An Adirondack Winter Storm Drive

Last evening Rosalie and I attended an event in Colonie, NY and had an enjoyable evening. But the trip home was certainly interesting.

A pre-winter storm brought lots of snow to the region and the Northway was very slippery - we could only travel at 40-45 miles per hour all the way home. The highway crews hadn't plowed so my Hyundai Sonata was left to handle the mess on its own (and it did it well!).

Today the storm has drifted to the northeast and only cloudy skies remind us of what was last night.

Is there a storm blowing through your life today? You're only living the experience of most of humanity this hour. Thankfully, the Holy Spirit of God is on duty and eager to guide you through the most impenetrable storm to safety.

If I had had to plow through last evening's snowstorm on my own and on foot, it would have been an entirely different outcome. But I relied on the life-saving technology of my vehicle and it delivered me to my home without incident. Not every car on the highway could have said that.

You don't have to plow through your life storm afraid and alone today but you can call to the One who promises to never leave or forsake you (Hebrews 13: 5-6). Take a minute right now to pause and ask Him for His help and then rest in the knowledge that He's on the job making a way through for you.

No comments: