Thursday, December 18, 2008

7 Things You Don't Know About Me

I was surfing the internet tonight and came across a blog post with this title in the subject line. Thought I'd give it a try, too!

1. I really wanted to be a physician when I was a kid and read every single book I could get my hands on on medicine and how to become a doctor.

2. I sleep with my right hand underneath my pillow to prop up my head. Always have!

3. One of my favorite places/pastimes on earth is walking the beach at Whale Cove on Grand Manan Island and sensing how powerful God is and how small I am compared to the Bay of Fundy that stretches out before me.

4. I feel very close to my Creator when I sing this part of a familiar chorus:

Here I am to worship,
Here I am to bow down.
Here I am to say that You're my God.
You're altogether Lovely,
Altogether Worthy,
Altogether Wonderful to me.


5. I will cry in the car while driving alone whenever I think about my daughters, and how much I love them, and how grateful I am to God for their faith and trust in His saving grace shared at Calvary.

6. My father is still my hero - yep, after all these years!

7. I hold my breath and pray whenever I take off or land in an airplane. I'm really not afraid for me - but for the souls of the people who are on the plane with me. I wonder where they would spend eternity if something unfortunate happened to us.

There you have it. Did you know about any of these things before you read this post?

No comments: