Thursday, September 6, 2012

I Want to Forever Struggle

Jim Dennison said it well:

"Our divisive, negative culture will know we are Christians by our love (John 13:35).  We are most clearly the children of a loving God when we love our enemies and pray for those who persecute us (Matthew 5:44-45).  As I've often noted, you can tell if you're a servant by the way you react when people treat you like one.  When last did you "turn the other cheek" for Jesus?"

I want to forever struggle with being a loving servant of the Living One.  

I too much want to be served, not to serve.  I too often want to condemn my "enemies", but not love and pray for them.  I know I should want to turn the other cheek when someone is raging out at me but I too easily strike out and slap others' faces. 

I want to forever struggle with being a loving servant of the Living One. And He will help me in my struggle (2 Pe 1: 3).

No comments: